- One 10.5 oz can chicken broth
- One egg
- 1/2 teaspooon water
- Two scallions (diced)
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon seasame oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped chives
- Either two large bowls or four small bowls of soup
- In a small bowl, gently beat the egg with the water to an even consistency.
- Pour the whole can of broth and a half can of water into a sauce pan. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Once the broth is simmering stir in the sugar, salt, and sesame oil.
- Once the additional ingredients are added stir the egg into the mixture a little at a time, to help give the egg a stringy, thread like appearance.
- Once the egg has been added, stir in the scallion and remove from the heat.
- Pour the soup into individual bowls and garnish with chives.